Join Our Team
We’re a small, tight-knit team, and we’re super-picky about who joins us! We love people who are creative, agile thinkers and do-ers – we get our kicks from rolling our sleeves up and getting stuck into devising a successful strategy, a great campaign or media story.
We’re always on the look-out for like-minded people to join us – if you’re into news and politics and have an interest in education and public policy, this could be team for you.
Flexible working is part and parcel of life at Denford – some of our team are full time, whilst others are returning part-time after parental leave. What matters most to us is the “fit” and the quality of your work, not what hours you can do. If you’d like a conversation, get in touch through the contact form below.
Salary: commensurate with experience
We are looking to hire talented Communications Managers to join our team at Denford Associates. This is an exciting role for an energetic and tenacious individual. You will be working across a range of clients, providing support to generate and place positive stories and comment pieces.
Denford is a specialist communications agency, providing a highly dynamic and creative environment in which to work. Everyone enjoys high levels of autonomy, and we pride ourselves on being a flexible place to work.
You will have considerable experience of working with a range of media outlets and feel comfortable dealing with both proactive and reactive PR. You will be a skilful writer and enjoy working to tight deadlines.
The role will also involve stakeholder communications, and the successful candidate is likely to have experience of dealing with complex stakeholder groups and be able to adjust messaging and tone accordingly.
Working alongside Account Directors the Communications Manager role will provide support to a range of clients, including:
· Devising comms strategies and handling plans
· development of key messages and lines to take
· proactive story generation both via press release and writing by-lined articles
· briefing in stories to journalists
· prepping clients for media interviews
· rapid response to emerging stories
· drafting copy for clients’ internal audiences
· advising on social media strategy
· crisis management
You will have a high level of autonomy in the role and will regularly be in contact with senior leaders within client organisations, providing support and counsel.
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Evidence of delivering high impact media and communications work, either in-house or at an agency
· Ability to write engaging, compelling copy that emulates the voice of different clients
· Good working knowledge of all communications disciplines, including social and digital media, and their use as part of an integrated communications strategy
· Exceptional interpersonal and networking skills
· Drawn towards working in fast-paced environments with multiple workstreams
· Enjoyment in producing high-quality accurate work within tight timescales
· Excellent time management and organisational skills and an ability to prioritise competing demands on time
Desirable Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· An active network of media contacts within the education sector and/or Westminster lobby
· Working knowledge of the education sector, covering Early Years, schools, FE and HE.
· Ability to produce high-quality video content to support comms collateral for clients
Please send your CV, plus a short video (2 mins max) explaining why you would like to come and join the Denford team to Amy.email@example.com. We'd love to know all about you - both what you would bring professionally and what makes you tick! In your CV, please include details of your current remuneration.